Thursday, December 17, 2009

Event #8 - Snowflake 5K

This past Saturday was race #8 for Team G Shock! The Snowflake 5k in Shelby Bottoms Park in Nashville! The race started at 9:00AM which is later than most of our morning races, and thank goodness because it was COLD! I can only imagine how cold it would have been at 7:00AM! Luckily, Nate & I had cracked the night before and exchanged Christmas presents early (oops) so I had some brand spankin' new Under Armour cold weather gear to get me through! And he had a shiny new G-SHOCK (I had to) watch to keep us on pace!

We got to the race a little early and met up with David Wright, a co-worker and friend of mine who was joining us for the race! DW has been a big supporter of Team G Shock so it was great to have him running with us. There were over 300 people running the race, and it was a very similar course to the Shelby Bottoms Boogie 5k we did back in September. We've been trying to focus more on our goal of breaking 30:00 and decided to give it a go on this race. SOME of us were able to do it, unfortunately I could not quite keep up! I'd like to blame it on the cold I'd had all week, but it could be just because I'm slow. :) But one day we'll all get there! The good news is, that Nate & I both set new PR's! Here are the results from the race:

95th place - Nate Towne - 29:20
96th place - David Wright - 29:24
123rd place - Sara Ross - 30:40

We are so excited about our new PR's and this just gives me some more motivation to keep up with Nate & whoever else we run with! I've included some pictures from the race below. But first, some quick (and somewhat unrelated) news. Nate's company had their holiday party on Tuesday and they took some time out to share some announcements during it. Well, one of the announcements was that Nate got PROMOTED!! :) He is now officially an Agent at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment!!!! He has worked so hard for this and I am so proud of him! So if you see him, be sure to congratulate him!

Here are those pictures I was talking about...hope everyone has safe travels during the Holidays!!

Nate & me pre-race and cooooold!

after the race: Nate, me & DW

me & Nate - new PR's!!!!

Nate & his fancy new Casio G-Shock watch...

...that kept him on pace for a new PR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment