Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The first day.

Today is the first day of something very important. No, not November, the 11th month of the year, the month filled with turkey and stuffing and pies, the month full of football Saturdays & Sundays. Its the first day of MOVEMBER!

For those of you that don't know what Movember is, its the month formerly known as November. The difference here is that it requires men who choose to be involved in it to grow a mustache. Not a beard, not a goatee, a full-blown mustache. The rules are that participants must start clean shaven today, November 1st, and shave and trim their way to an amazing mustache by the end of the month.

I think I'm going to need to get some of these (toms.com)

Nate is dedicating his face to raise awareness for men's health and all I have to do is put up with the mustache that he will grow. :) I knew I loved him, but when I said "would you do this for Team G Shock?" and he immediately said "ok!" I was reminded of why I fell for him.

As always, we're not doing this just for fun, although I bet there will be some fun times along the way. We've officially raised our goal AGAIN to double our 2nd goal (which we absolutely smashed last year). We're now shooting for $6,000 for Team G Shock and the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

We were destined for Movember

Any support you can give is always appreciated. My mom has even pledged $5/day for every day that my Dad DOES shave so she doesn't have to put up with a mustache :) (I'm not sure I'm prepared for this).

Visit our donation page if you like, and keep checking back here on the blog for updates (and photos of course) of Nate's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment