Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Event #30 - Girls On The Run 5k

This past Saturday, we took to our favorite local course (Shelby park) for the Girls On The Run 5k. As I mentioned on Friday, I had been sick the few days leading up to the race so I wasn't sure what to expect. Lucky for us it rained that morning so the temperature at the start was not as hot as it could have been, which helped everyone.

Its always fun to run alongside the young kids who have been training all year for this race. We also ran into our friend (and my coworker), Sam near the start of the race, and it was fun to run with her along the way.

Nate & I started out running together, but I started feeling a little off during the run which slowed me down, so Nate went ahead, and its a good thing he did. He set a new PR and placed 2nd in his age group! I did not have the same luck, but I did keep my time under 30, which I'll have more about on another day.

Here are our official times:

87th place - Nate Towne - 27:39
120th place - Sara Towne - 29:33

And we were able to get some fun photos after the race...

We were running a little late so this is our after the race "before" picture.

The official "after" picture.

Me & Sam

Sam & Nate with their valuable prizes :) 
Sam got 3rd in her age group, and Nate placed 2nd in his!

I didn't win an age group prize, but I did win 
a door prize of some fancy socks!

My brother, Geoff, and his girlfriend Adrienne also ran a race on Saturday for Team G Shock. They ran the Manassas City Police Association Memoral 5k, and are giving us a run for our money on times. We've got some running to do to catch them! Here are their results:

32nd place - Geoff Ross - 24:34
47th place - Adrienne Helms - 26:01

And as usual, here is a photo to go with the times!

Geoff & Adrienne at the race


We're filling up our calendar with races and will keep you updated on those! GOOOO G SHOCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment