Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Endurance for the Win!

As I mentioned last week, I had recently signed up for an Endurance class at Crossfit Hendersonville. While Nate was recovering from surgery, I figured it couldn't hurt to step up my running game a little. That way, when he's back at it, I just MIGHT be able to keep up with him.

It was a 6-week course, with 2 classes every week. On the first Saturday class, we ran a 5k to get a good gauge of where everyone was at. And after 5 more weeks of working on our form and speed, we ran it again this past Saturday! The first time, I ran it in 31:14. I knew I could run faster with some training, but wasn't sure how much in 5 weeks time. Well, on Saturday, I ran it in 28:52! Again, not the fastest I've ever run, but I'll take an almost 2 1/2 minute improvement in that amount of time. Everyone in the class improved by at least 2 minutes, and some even by as much as 4 minutes! It was a great class, and I'm looking forward to taking it again sometime! We even got some awesome t-shirts for "graduation".


Other than that, we're just hoping Nate gets recovered soon, and looking for a new car for me! We got rear-ended a couple of weeks ago, and Rhonda the Honda has had her last ride. Its hard to tell in this picture, but the backside is totally smashed. We had to go pick everything up and say goodbye this weekend. As you can tell...I was sad. 

RIP Rhonda

We'll keep looking for some new adventures for Team G Shock here coming up, and will post about those as soon as we find them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment