Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

Cheers to 2012! We are finally getting back into the swing of things after a great trip to Virginia to see my family & friends. We drove which was actually kind of fun, and that meant we could take Shelby with us, which was great!

As usual, the holidays remind us of everything we are lucky to have, which is a lot. We have wonderful families, amazing friends and lots of support for Team G Shock. Its been 2 1/2 years since we started this team and we have had an incredible time thanks to all of you.

I am also reminded of reasons why we started Team G Shock (other than the obvious - my Dad).
Over the holidays we lost a wonderful family friend who was very dear to my heart. Mrs. Huffman put everything she had into her fight, and she fought until the end. She was the sweetest soul I have ever known (and I feel confident saying that because I have known her my whole life). We will continue to run our races and raise awareness with Mrs.Huffman and all of the other cancer fighters we know as our inspiration.

One of my favorite pictures from our wedding day. 
Mr. & Mrs. Huffman dancing among friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment