Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bibs - Not Just For Babies Anymore

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to spend the weekend at my favorite place in the world: The Beach House! My best friends from JMU and I have gone up there almost every Summer since graduation, and hopefully it will continue for many more years. We've seen lots of changes (new jobs, marriages & babies), but that girls weekend will always be something I look forward to.

This years beach trip!
KT, Kellen, Hiney, Larissa (+baby) & me

While we were at the house, I noticed a stack of bibs on my parents dresser. Now, I know what you may be thinking, why are they hoarding bibs? Bibs are a staple in every household with small children. Even some older children (ahem, me) use bibs from time to time. I may or may not have had a UVA bib when I was younger that we kept around much longer than we probably should, only for spaghetti nights. I had a terrible habit of always getting sauce on my clothes, and it became kind of a tradition.

Now that we're older, Nate, myself, my Dad and everyone else that runs with Team G Shock, are collecting a different kind of bib! At every race, we get a bib with a number on it, and dutifully pin it to our Team G Shock shirts. Nate & I have saved every bib we've gotten, which for those of you keeping track is 34 bibs each! 

My Dad has run a number of races with Nate & I, but he has also run a number of races by himself up at the beach. The bibs on the dresser were from all of those races. Its a little hard to see, but there are 9 bibs in that stack, all of which have been run after his diagnosis. And this doesn't count all of the races he's run at home. Pretty impressive if you ask me!


Nate & I don't plan on stopping anytime soon, so hopefully Dad will be able to collect even more bibs along the way! 

2 comments: