Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Event #38 - Virginia Run Turkey Trot

Well it's been a very busy couple of weeks for us, but we're finally back with an update on our Thanksgiving Day run! We made the drive to Virginia to see my family the day before Thanksgiving and got in late that afternoon. We were so happy to see everyone after the long drive (which turns out, was MUCH longer on the way back to Tennessee).

The next day we woke up bright & early to head out to Virginia Run. We ran this race waaaay back in 2009 for our 7th race, and Dad and Geoff have run it since then as well. Nate & I were excited to give the course another go, and we even convinced my other brother Drew to join us! 

The race was as crowded as I remember, and there ended up being over 5,100 runners and walkers. The course runs through the Virginia Run neighborhood, and all of the neighbors come out and cheer for the runners, which is very encouraging (especially in the middle of a big hill). Nate & I stayed together the whole time, and everyone did really well. It was fun to run with my family, and a great way to start off the holiday! 

Here are the official results:

442nd place - Geoff Ross - 24:15
1,290th place - Nate Towne - 28:49
1,292nd place - Sara Towne - 28:50
2,419th place - Joe Ross - 33:56
3,028th place - Drew Ross - 38:42

We got plenty of pictures during the race, and as you can see it was a beautiful day for a run! 

The Ross (Towne) family before the race!
Drew, Dad, me and Geoff

Nate & me before

LOTS...

...and lots of runners!

After! We did it!
Nate, Drew, Dad, Geoff & me

Race #38 - in the books!

We spent the rest of the day hanging out with my family, and had a great weekend visiting with them and some of our friends. We're looking forward to our next race - keep an eye out for that info soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment