Monday, August 26, 2013

Event #42 - Bethany Beach Firecracker 5k

Wow, it has been FAR too long since we posted. And this is a very overdue race recap from our 42nd race! We ran the Bethany Beach Firecracker 5k at the end of June (again, this is very overdue!). We were up at the beach for a whole week over the 4th of July with my family, and were excited to get to run with my Dad and my brother, Drew! It was also nice to have some cheerleaders (and photographers) along with us!

This is the 3rd time we've run this race, and it gets better every year! Here are our results:

151st place - Nate Towne - 27:20
208th place - Sara Towne - 29:47
275th place - Joe Ross - 32:51
367th place - Drew Ross - 36:40

We had a great week at the beach with my family, and the race was an added bonus! Here are some pictures we got along the way...

Nate & me pre-race

Dad, me, Nate & Drew before the race!

Nate & me

Here comes Dad!

Nice, Drew.

Some photo finishes! First up, Nate..

...then me...

...here comes Dad..

..and Drew!

After, we did it!

Our Cheerleaders! That pink shirt 
was so easy to spot in the crowd!

My happy place..Bethany Beach.


Although we've been absent from the blog, we've still been hard at work prepping for some upcoming Team G Shock adventures! Stay tuned for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment