Thursday, June 27, 2013

Event #41 - ZERO Prostate Cancer Run

Better late than never, right? :) It's been a couple of weeks since our 41st race, and I have been meaning to post this recap for over a week.

As mentioned before, this was the first race that we weren't running together. It was a little weird to be out there by myself, but I was glad I did it! Of course I would have loved to have Nate out there with me, but I was glad Team G Shock was represented at the only race in town that supports Prostate Cancer.

It had been really hot the week of the race, but thankfully it cooled down some for the race day. There were a good amount of people out for the race, and the race organizers had a festival set up for everyone to enjoy before and after the race.

This was by no means my fastest race, but it is one of the hilliest courses we've ever run, so I was happy to be able to keep up the same pace throughout the race (even if it was a slow pace). I did manage to place 4th in my age group out of 29 ladies, so I was pretty happy with that!

Here are my results:
63rd place - Sara Towne - 30:16

And since Nate was a spectator that day, we got a few more pictures than normal!

Before

Pretty obvious who we race for :)

Team G Shock

My cheerleader for the day

This was my "I'm tired of posing for pictures, 
lets get this party started" photo :)

And we're off..

...almost done!

After!

The race also had photographers at the race - one of my favorite race photos ever! 


We've got race #42 to get ready for this weekend, so we're excited for that, and to run with my family! See you all out on the course! 

No comments:

Post a Comment