Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Filling Up Our Dance Card

So its been a little while since we ran a race, and after registering for the Army Ten Miler, we knew we wanted to run some races before that. As we mentioned before, we'll be doing the race at the beach at the end of June with my family. In addition, the ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge is coming up on Father's Day Weekend here in Nashville. We've run this race every year, since it is a cause near and dear to our hearts. It started as the Great Prostate Cancer Challenge, then it was the Dash For Dad, and now its the ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge. Whatever it is, we're happy to be a part of it (even though 'it' involves lots of hills). 

As some of you may or may not know, Nate has been dealing with some back issues for a while now. He's been gritting his teeth to get through it during our other races (and still setting PR's along the way), but he is taking a little break until the beach race at the end of the month. All that being said, it means this will be the first race that we don't run together. He will be there to cheer me on, and I'll probably need it without him by my side (or more realistically, way up ahead of me, but where I can still see him). I'm excited to go out there and see what I can do compared to last year. So send lots of good thoughts my way next weekend, and maybe we'll see you out there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment