Tuesday, August 25, 2009

And we're baaaaack...

..ok well we've been here. But I am very happy to announce that I will be making my big return to the gym! :) Ok, so its not that exciting to everyone else, but I'm excited. Last October, Nate joined a gym at his work and a few girls from my work & I joined the YMCA so we could go at lunch time. We were dedicated - at least 3 days a week pretty much from October through March or April. And then we took a little break, and then we found out that my dad had cancer. And that inspired us to start this running campaign that we like to call Team G Shock! 

Needless to say, the gym has definitely taken a back seat. And it hasn't helped (but it is not an excuse) that every week we were somewhere different for a wedding or something - life kind of took over. So when Nate & I went for our run this morning (thank you to Mother Nature for what felt like 0% humidity and 70 degrees..ahhh), I decided that its time to add the gym back into the mix. So on our non-running days, and maybe even sometimes on those days, I'm going to get back into the habit of going to the gym. It really helps to break up the day, plus it will help with strength training and I can only imagine it will improve my running! So wish me luck...and I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment