Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Legend Continues

Not to be outdone by the Nashville version of Team G Shock, my Dad took to the streets once again this past weekend for ANOTHER 5k. That makes it 5 since we started this whole thing...and we've only done 3. Whoops! This time around it was the Dewey Beach Lion's Club 5k on Sunday morning. Here are the official results...

167th place - Joe Ross - 33:31

He never ceases to amaze me with what he can do. Not only is it pretty awesome that he's running all of these races, but he's also kicking cancer's butt along the way. As of today, Dad has officially started week #6 of radiation treatment. That means 5 weeks down, and only 3 to go!! He is a great inspiration to me in this whole journey...I mean if he can do 8 weeks of radiation and deal with cancer, I can run a few times a week, right? So thank you for all of your good thoughts, prayers and support and please keep them coming! GOOOOOO TEAM G SHOCK!

1 comment: