Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ohhhhhh...we're halfway there...

...(think Bon Jovi). I am SO excited to let you all know that we have officially gotten half way to our fundraising goal of $1500!! And there are LOTS of people to thank for that! So if you've donated, thank you! If you've thought about donating, thank you! And if you've spread the word about Team G Shock, thank you! I am so excited to be raising money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation through Athletes For A Cure and it makes me so proud to be able to do it in honor of my father. So, a BIG thank you from the bottom of my heart!

In other news, I was home this past weekend for one of my very best friend's weddings (congrats to the new Mr. & Mrs. Kalinosky!)! It was a wonderful weekend with amazing friends and I got to see my parents at the wedding as well. We had a great time, and I got to spend some extra time with mom & dad on Sunday too (thanks to mother nature & a delayed flight). I've always loved family time, but its even more special these days. This weekend was also a reminder of some of the reasons why I wanted to do this in the first place. On Friday, my parents celebrated 38 years of marriage. That is amazing, and I'm doing this so that they can have many more years to come to celebrate together. And on Saturday, as I watched Melissa & her dad dance at the reception, I was reminded of another (somewhat selfish) reason. Some day, when I get married, my dad will be up there with me, dancing across that floor. And I will not let this speed bump get in the way of that! 

So thanks again for all of your support (monetary and otherwise) and keep checking back for updates on Team G Shock!

happily married after 38 years!


dad, me & mom at the reception


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! And great pic of your mom & dad dancing, and then the three of you!! Adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete