Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Treatment Part 2

Over the past few months, my dad has received a couple of hormone shots that have been working over time to help treat his cancer. The next step is radiation. Yesterday, my dad went in to the hospital for a simulated radiation treatment. Obviously, this being the first time any of us have experienced this or been around someone else who has experienced it, we didn't know quite what to expect. I think it was a little more intense than my dad expected, but he got through it, just like he'll get through the rest of this.

And now they have officially scheduled his radiation treatment. Starting on August 3rd, he will go in every morning, 5 days a week, for his treatment. That will last for 8 weeks until September 28th. He does get Labor Day off (who knew they gave vacations for cancer treatments?), but other than that it will be a constant thing for 2 months. Just like his session yesterday, we're not exactly sure what to expect, but like I've said a million times, my dad is strong and he can do anything

So thank you for all of the prayers up to this point, and if you think about it, keep 'em coming our way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment