Monday, March 8, 2010

Event #10 - NROTC Vanderbilt University 5k

Two weekends ago, my parents were in town for my birthday and we thought it was the perfect time for Team G Shock race #10! We had seen the NROTC Vanderbilt University 5k advertised and thought it was a perfect fit. That Saturday (Feb 27th), we all headed over to Vanderbilt for the race. We were excited, because what a great way to see the campus, plus the race benefited a VERY good cause - Fisher House. They provide support & housing to families of soldiers and veterans as they receive medical treatment.

It was a pretty cold morning, but we bundled up and headed out there. My Mom was even a sport and stayed out the whole time to cheer us on (and take some pictures) as we crossed the finish line. The course was a bit tricky as it weaved all through the campus and didn't necessarily stay on a path. But, it was a beautiful course and fun to try to figure it out along the way. Again, this was not our fastest race, but we had a good time and felt good throughout. And we finished all together which is always fun! Here are the results:

76th place - Nate Towne - 34:30
77th place - Sara Ross - 34:31
78th place - Joe Ross - 34:32

It was a wonderful thing to add to my birthday weekend and I'm so glad my Dad could join us out on the course! And this marks the official halfway point for Team G Shock's goal of 20 races! So keep an eye out on info for upcoming races! Here are some of those photos Mom helped us get (and she even got to be in some of them!). GO G SHOCK!

me, Mom & Dad at the Opry on Friday night!

Dad, me & Nate before the race!

finishing strong!

post-race

me & Nate

Mom, me & Dad after the race

..and then we went to the winery...

..and then I got birthday cake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment