Thursday, April 1, 2010

Today is the day...

...that registration opened for the 2010 Army Ten Miler. This October will mark the 26th running of the race and I am very excited to say that myself, Nate, and my Dad are all officially registered!!! Dad has run this race for years and I was lucky enough to join him for 2 of those years (although I wasn't as prepared as I KNOW we will be this year). We are so excited to be a part of this historic race. I've been trying to tell Nate about how amazing an experience it is since this will be his first time running it but he will just have to see for himself. There are 30,000 runners, many of whom are soldiers or family members of soldiers. The course takes you through D.C., by many of the monuments, and it is a really cool way to see the city. So now the training for that begins, while we keep running other races for Team G Shock.

And speaking of other races, Team G Shock race #12 is this Saturday! We'll be running the Richland Creek Run/Walk (a 5-mile race) which is the longest race we've run yet! We've been training hard, and can't wait to see how it pays off. So send good thoughts our way if you're up early on Saturday and I'll post race photos & results next week! :)

Oh, and one other note..we've continued to receive donations to Team G Shock since My Birthday Wish wrapped up and the support continues to amaze us! Here's to many more successful races in 2010 and to raising more money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation! GOOOOO G SHOCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment