Monday, June 15, 2009

I ran...I actually ran!

Since yesterday marked 2 weeks until our first 5K (and my first event in over 3 years) I woke up extra early this morning and went for a quick run. Nothing fancy..ended up being about a mile and a half, but I was pretty excited! I haven't run in FOR-EV-ER (think Sandlot), and I need new shoes. But I did it! Luckily, I have plenty of inspiration these days between my dad & all of the amazing stories that are shared on Athletes For A Cure, so its not too hard to find the will to do it. 

One of the stories that I'd like to share with you all is the story of Winter Vinecki. She is a 10-year-old triathlete (that's right..I said 10) and a very very inspiring young lady.

Check out Team Winter here

If you have a moment, or are having an off day, read it and see all of the awesome things that people can do when they put their minds to it! 

2 comments:

  1. Go Sara! People like you and Winter make all the difference. There's an obstacle to face and you getup and do something about it! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us in spreading the word about prostate cancer. We needed some help in Tennessee. Welcome to AFAC

    ReplyDelete